2300km, but where to start?

As you can imagine, a 19day epic generates a fair amount of copy.


You can go right to the beginning of the whole ordeal, or the startline/day 1.

I'm looking at moving from a general ride report to a more up to date what's happening site. Yes, Freedom Challenge doesn't just finish in Paarl! When i get round to it, there'll be a PDF of the 19days reports.

Send some feedback (I'm aware that the whole layout is just, well kinda rubbish!)

Friday, July 11, 2008

CapeStorm

“There’s no such thing as bad weather, only bad equipment”

It’s a very popular quote, but I actually don’t know who it’s attributed to. What I do know, is that it is indeed very true. I intend proving it again, for once and for all.

Every year, riders on the FC have been hit by snow at some point. It’s pretty darn impossible preparing for this eventuality from the Cape, so it helps to follow the guru tips from previous years. The one item really missing from my wardrobe was a solid no nonsense winter riding jacket.

The CapeStorm Monsoon came recommended, but right next to it was the new improved Vantage. This is one seriously sexy piece of equipment. It’s waterproof and breathable; has zips and pockets in all the right places and the all important hood area is well thought out (I think, we’ll see for good this June). They actually claimed it lightweight at 450g, which is incorrect – my medium size tipped the ‘don’t breath on me because I’ll notice’ scale at just 400.

So who’s this CapeStorm crowd then? World class adventure apparel, made right here in sunny South Africa. Well mostly made here, definitely designed here. You might gulp at some of the premium prices but they are worth every cent. Go and compare to imported goods in the same class and you’ll see why we’re as Proudly South African as they are.

No comments: